Wednesday, June 19, 2013

FLOGGING: A First-Timer's Experience



As part of my BDSM research I’ve been interviewing submissives. One of these was a woman new to the Scene. When the questions turned to flogging, her description of her first flogging was expressed so well that I decided to give it a separate platform. Thank you, M, for sharing such a delicious experience with us. 

        So, starting at the beginning. Being asked to hand over my panties before heading to the dungeon threw me off-balance (no doubt His intent). Never having seen a private dungeon before, that was amazing and a little intimidating. Being in a large crowd of strangers seems easier than in close proximity to a smaller group - less anonymity. This was to be just an introduction to flogging.
First flogger
        I was not expecting to be asked to strip down to my thigh highs and heels either - I probably should have expected it, but just hadn't. Again, it contributed to a feeling of exposure and self-consciousness. I did expect to be bound to the St. Andrew's Cross and was surprised that He simply placed a towel at the cross-point for my comfort, leaving my hands and legs unrestrained. I was not sure what to do with my hands which were initially balled in tight fists of nervousness. 

       First, He spoke very closely to my ear reminding me to relax and remember the "safe" words in case I needed to pause or stop the flogging. He also said that he would check on my condition regularly.

       I was grateful that no one besides you were there with us, and that the beautiful music and lighting set such a sensual mood. When He started the flogging, it was soft, rhythmic and sensual, and always in time with the music. Strikes to my upper back, shoulders, and ass continued with variations in strength of impact and location. The feeling was pleasant, very relaxing and soothing. I focused on the recollection of His voice commands, the sensual music and the luxurious sensations of the flogging. My hands slowly uncurled and began to slide down the wooden frame I leaned upon.

       When He changed floggers, He checked to see how I felt. The sensations of the flogging changed with the texture and makeup of each flogger - some soft and others harder. Occasionally, I would hear Him take a deep breath and knew that what He was doing took strength, concentration and a focused effort that was exhausting. I don't remember all of it as I seemed to slip into a fugue, leaning my head on the cross and locking my legs to keep my knees from buckling. The flogging impact level increased, but I did not find it painful. It felt like a wonderfully relaxing massage.

       When He finished, I was wrapped in a blanket and pulled into His lap, curled into a little ball with my head on his shoulder, sated and foggy. Water was offered and I just enjoyed the warm cuddle while I came back to awareness of my surroundings. I continued to feel relaxed and foggy for sometime afterward.
       What a lovely experience. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
       Photos of his personal equipment courtesy of Wise Protector. He obviously used these floggers with great effect on today's writer. Wise is in demand as a presenter of workshops and demonstrations in the greater Delaware Valley area. He has given his "Flogging 101" class several times at Philadelphia's Sexploratorium as well as many other venues. For more information on scheduling a workshop, contact him at wise@bdsmandlove.com or via his website, www.bdsmandlove.com


~~ Cris Anson

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing, M, and Cris. :-)

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this intimate report on the experience, Cris (& BTW, looking forward to meeting you at the Aug. BDSM workshop event!). I actually had an opportunity to witness a flogging (my first) that was a demonstration at the 50 Writers on 50 Shades speaking presentation last year. It was both fascinating and arousing, though it was clearly a different experience than M had. THe couple were a long-time couple and frequently gave the demonstration, but there was clearly pain involved in the course that the sub was joyfully receiving. He used other implements as well, but it was clear, too, that she was enjoying the experience. You knew it had to have pain involved though, because she was well-marked by the end. And the atheletic and graceful performance of her Dom was amazing to watch. Clearly you need to be in good shape and very very practiced to do it properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lise, for another perspective on the experience of flogging. I look forward to meeting you as well. The BDSM Workshop for Writers was awesome last year and I can't wait to learn more.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great write up. Thanks for sharing M and thanks for the post, Cris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Jan, JL and Kathy for commenting. I love to do research!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of her flogging better than one that has pain involved. I guess I'm not sure about the different types of flogging and wondered if there was a reason for each...say one person was more experienced and needed the heavier hand?? I always learn from your posts. Thanks Cris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa, there are many kinds of flogging reactions. Yes, there are those who look at flogging as "punishment" for some infraction, but I've heard from a number of subs, like M, who go into subspace while being flogged. OTOH, others go into hyperspace and in fact can orgasm during a scene. It's not from the severity of the impact. As Lise observed in her comments, it depends on the chemistry between the partners. And, I daresay, discussion between the parties beforehand as to their expectations and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks M, for allowing Cris to share your experience! I really wish I was able to attend the workshop. Darn new job with little vacation time the first year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this post, Cris. Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was an incredible description of a first flogging, Cris. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Felicia, maybe next year?? Thanks to you, Shelley and Dalton for your comments. I know M is pleased to be reading them, as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Cris for sharing this. I have always wanted to experience flogging because I live with the pain and fatigue of RA. This just shows me what I knew to be true. Now I just need to find that willing Dom/Domme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and me both, Artemis. Thanks for commenting. I hope your RA becomes more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us, Cris. What a great description M shared. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete