Wednesday, July 17, 2013

BDSM FOR WRITERS WEEKEND AUGUST 23-25



If you’re a writer interested in broadening your perspective on BDSM, this may be your last chance to sign up for the BDSM for Writers 3-Day Intensive Workshop to be held in New York City from 9am Friday August 23 through 6pm Sunday August 25. The course is taught by Dr. Charley Ferrer, world renowned Clinical Sexologist & BDSM Expert.

Here’s a blurb from the website: 

Whether you've been writing D/s stories for years, or just picking up the whip, once you've completed this workshop, you will have a greater understanding of the emotional and psychological connections individuals make when engaging in this highly erotic and often misunderstood lifestyle.

This is an exclusive one-of-a-kind BDSM workshop specifically geared toward writers’ needs and to help you create believable characters. We’ll also have time to discuss your story ideas and how to make them work. The focus is on D/s relationships and activities, not on the dynamics of writing in general. Plus we will have a day devoted to victims & villains, address the psychology and reality of sadism, PTSD, and other criminal activities. There will also be hands-on demonstrations of various BDSM activities. Invest in your writing career today. Register now for only $225. 


Researching what a collar feels like, 2012 BDSM Workshop
Demonstrations on Electrical and Knife Play will be conducted by various local lifestyle practitioners. Several outings are planned to local leather/kink shops and BDSM related clubs. Special guest speakers include:

* Laura Antoniou, the author of the well known Marketplace series of erotic novels. This series describes "an elite and secretive world organization, dedicated to the auctioning and overseeing of the world's finest lifestyle slaves... a world so vivid in sequel after sequel, it takes on a reality of its own, one that's visually hard to let go of once the reader has put down the book." (Libido Magazine). 

* D.L. King, the editor of anthologies such as Carnal Machines, Under Her Thumb and The Harder She Comes, winner of the Lambda Literary Award and the Independent Publisher’s Book Award gold medal. Her stories can be found in Best Bondage Erotica, Leather Ever After, and Luscious, among others.

Dr. Charley cuffing another participant, 2012 BDSM Workshop
Only a few slots remain for this year’s BDSM for Writers Intensive Workshop, so be sure to register soon. Or you can contact: doctorcharley@doctorcharley.com

For me, last year’s workshop was so eye-opening that I’ve signed up again for this year’s weekend. Over the past year I’ve injected more authenticity not only in my settings, but in my characters’ motivations and actions. I’ve made many new friends I can call on to ask questions and have been invited to participate in more research opportunities up close and personal.

My novella being released on September 13, NO PATIENCE, came about as a direct result of having met Doctor Charley and members of the BDSM community. My WIP (work in progress) follows two main characters who are exploring where they fit in the vast BDSM spectrum. Your writing can take on that same authentic flavor. Sign up now!

~~ Cris Anson

5 comments:

  1. Woooohoooo! This workshop weekend sounds delicious!! Wish I could go, but alas I have other commitments.
    Congrats on your upcoming release, Cris. Looks yummy!!

    Hugs,
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'd love to go but that weekend is already committed. I can't wait to hear about your experiences. You always have such wonderful posts to share. All the best!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan and Melissa, reserve the dates August 21-24, 2014 right now. Yes, Dr. Charley is already planning next year's conference. You'll love it.

    And thanks for your comments about my work. Feedback is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Authenticity is so important when writing in this genre and this is the perfect workshop for that. I've always been fascinated by the BDSM genre and dragged my feet about writing it bec. I wasn't sure if I could find the realistic element needed. After attending this workshop, I feel more confident that my stories will resonate with readers. I've written, and am writing, a number of stories now. I'll be there in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I'm with you. I think we've both made great strides with our writing after last year's Workshop. Looking forward to seeing you there in 2014.

    ReplyDelete