Wednesday, September 4, 2013

ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY: MY JOURNEY



     It’s hard to believe that Cris Anson’s Passions has been in existence for a year already! My introductory blog was posted on Wednesday, September 5, 2012. To date I’ve published 49 blogs for a total of 31,000 words, not including the hundreds of comments I wrote in responding to readers. Wow. That’s almost a full-length novel.
Not too happy in jail last year
     But more important was my subject matter. I started blogging because I wanted to share my experience at Dr. Charley Ferrer’s first BDSM for Writers Workshop. The four-part series I wrote culminated in “Getting Naked at Paddles.” It’s my most often visited blog.
     I’m thrilled that people are coming here to learn about BDSM. Because of that interest by readers -- and, let’s face it, my own personal interest in it -- I’ve written more about BDSM than any other subject, including my own books. Seven of the nine most-visited blogs (see list at right) discuss aspects of BDSM, so obviously my readers are also interested in BDSM.
     And, fittingly, to close out the circle, the last post of my first blogging year discussed the second BDSM for Writers workshop, at which I no longer felt like a Newbie. (And just wait until the 2014 Conference!)
     For those who haven’t read all these blogs, let me highlight a few of the lasting impressions I received as I researched the subject over the past year:
     ** People in the lifestyle are warm, caring and welcoming.
     ** No matter your size or shape or age, you are embraced for who you are, not what you look like.
     ** Doms are not frightening. Unless they are in Dom mode and that’s what their partner expects from them.
      ** “No” means exactly that. If you are new and easily intimidated but still willing to try something, you will not be pushed beyond your stated limits. Period. If s/he tries, he’s a troll or a “player” and only in it for some quick sex (or worse) and you should run, not walk, away.
Restraints are no longer scary
     ** It’s only scary the first time.
     ** Flogging really does feel like a brisk massage.
     I hope you’ll continue to visit this site because I intend to continue my journey into the world of BDSM and, possibly, find someone to share it with on an intimate level over the long term.
     And that would be a romance writer’s HEA (Happy Ever After).

     P.S. Don’t forget to pre-order NO PATIENCE, my 13th release, from either Ellora's Cave, Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Sony, so you can be among the first to receive it on its release date, September 13.

~~ Cris Anson

5 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary. What a lot you've learned and shared with all of us! I'm excited to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, lady, on your anniversary! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for posting. It's been a fun journey and I'm nowhere near there yet :-)

    ReplyDelete