Monday, November 25, 2013

A DOZEN KINKY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR



Of course I’m thankful for the usual things: my health, my home, my family and friends, what the rising stock market has done for my 401(k) since 2008. But since I’m leaning waaaay into kink (for research purposes, you know), here’s a different list of things I’m glad are in my life.
  
1.     Ellora’s Cave. In 2001, the incomparable Jaid Black started the ball rolling to provide erotic romance to millions of women, and her company is still one of the best publishers in the genre. I’m proud to be an EC author. By the way (bit of self-promotion here), MERCY AND REDEMPTION, available now in digital format, will be in print on December 23. Add it to your wish list now!
2.     Dr. Charley Ferrer. She’s a world-renowned sexologist who has enlightened doctors and psychologists in China, Venezuela and other countries as well as the United States on the subject of Domination/submission. She was also responsible for some serious education with her first two BDSM Workshops for Writers. Next year’s conference, August 21-24, 2014 in New York City, will appeal to readers and authors alike. Besides workshops on how to enhance your erotic romance writing, it will feature lifestyle practitioners demonstrating various aspects of the BDSM culture as well as a visit to a private dungeon.

Joining me in a two-part workshop that weekend are some of my favorite EC authors:

3.     Samantha Cayto. One look at her website, with its cuffs and whips motif, will tell you a bit about her books. She loves to write male/male stories as well as those featuring kick-ass heroines.

4.     Joey W. Hill. Don’t miss her Master of the Boardroom series. Or her Nature of Desire series. Or….just about anything she writes. In 2011 she received the Career Achievement award in Erotica by RTBookReviews.
5.     Desiree Holt. She won the first 5-Heart Sweetheart of the Year Award at The Romance Studio, and has been dubbed “the Nora Roberts of erotic romance” by USA Today.
6.     Kathy Kulig. This PRISM- and EPIC-award-winning author is focusing on BDSM in a big way and her books just keep getting hotter and hotter.
I'm also thankful for some kinks I've experienced in the name of research, including:

7.     Violet wand electro-play. I addressed this delicious kink in a blog after the first BDSM for Writers conference.  
     
8.     Spanking. I also discussed my initial foray into spanking in the above blog. But it just might become addictive the more I give and receive it. As with any impact play, it’s not about being a pain slut, it’s the connection between spanker and spankee and all the lovely interaction.

9.     Flogging. Yes, it really does feel like a good, hard massage. And it can be more. So much more. Again, it’s the connection.

10.  Rigging. Stay tuned for more on this subject because, now that I’ve actually been tied up, I plan to go “all the way” and be suspended with ropes.

And, to round out the dozen:

11.  Brimstone. It’s billed as the Northeast’s premier kink convention, and here’s why. More than a hundred workshops on all manner of kink during the three days of Thanksgiving weekend. A massive dungeon to play in at night. Massage/spa area. Even a room set aside for orgies (I might look in on that in case I want to write a scene with 4 or 5 or more participants…but I’d probably need a road map to follow who’s who).

12.  Fetlife. The place where kinksters connect with each other, discover places to meet and play, and gather information about whatever subject interests them, because if it’s kinky, someone will surely have already written about it on Fet.

What are you thankful for at this time of year?

~~ Cris Anson

13 comments:

  1. Love your list, Cris. And of course ... whole heartedly agree with the authors ... but I would also include your kinky books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, Cris. I didn't know about Desiree. Thanks for telling us. I think it was very nice of you to share the promotion with other authors. Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love your list Cris! Those are some of my favorite authors! The convention sounds amazing too. I'm also thankful for a few days to catch up on work (off from the day job to catch up on the writing work!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kinky thankful list, Cris. Thanks too for the mention. Was talking to some friends about Brimstone sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all who commented. It was fun coming up with such a kinky list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, Cris! I love how you are digging into your research...:-)) Trillium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Trillium, it actually worked! You were able to post! I'm so glad to see you here.

      Delete
  7. Don't you have a pretty blog here, Cris! What's flogging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Dorothy. If you want to learn more about flogging, check these two entries: http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/2013/07/floggingits-art.html
      http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/2013/06/flogging-first-timers-experience.html

      Delete
  8. Hi Cris. Hugs.

    I'm touched that you've added me to your list. I'm also pleased that I've meet you and made an influence in your writing. I don't think your readers know how dedicated you are to bring them realistic characters and scenes.

    I'm humbled by your dedication to me in your new book, No Patience. Thank you!

    Can't wait to see you and hear your presentation at BDSM WRITERS CON in August. However, let's not wait that long. Next time you're in NYC lets do lunch.

    Live with passion,
    Doctor Charley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Dr. C. I'd love to see you before next August - maybe after the holidays?

      It was my pleasure to acknowledge your influence on my writing. I hope you enjoyed NO PATIENCE!

      Delete
  9. Interesting list...and yeah, it's amazing the places being a writer will take you, and the people you meet along the way...I got a lot to be thankful for because of writing as well, it would be hard to deny how big a part of my life it has become the last few years...can't even remember what life was like before...

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    ReplyDelete