Friday, January 23, 2015

Kinky Friends Need Love Too

Readers of my blog know that at my first BDSM Writers Workshop Weekend in 2012, I learned about Fetlife—the Facebook for kinky folks. I searched for local events and discovered the Bucks County Power Exchange.

That group changed my writing, as my four most recent books are all about BDSM.

BFFs in kinky costume
It changed my life as well. Soon I became the Secretary to this group. The Director of BCPE, spikedheels, or slave wendie as she is also known, is my best friend in the kink world. She introduced me to her vast array of friends and acquaintances, whose collective brains I picked, to learn motivation and character and to get plot ideas.

We shared a room at kinky weekend events such as The Floating World and Once Upon a Time. I shared her joy when she was collared by her Master. She stood by me at dungeons, pointing out people and explaining things I should know. She even watched as I had my first public orgasm from being flogged.

Wendie has been diagnosed with Stage III thyroid cancer, complicated by a lesion on the brain.

Her troubles began in September 2014 with loss of vision, vertigo and severe migraines. Because of a history of mini-strokes and ocular migraines, she was ordered to the hospital, where a lesion was discovered on the left side of her brain.

After a spinal tap and an MRI from the cranium down, several suspicious nodules were discovered on her thyroid. Biopsies confirmed they were cancerous. In December, surgeons at University of Pennsylvania Hospital performed a total thyroidectomy and removed a number of lymph nodes, several of which were also cancerous.

Thyroid Cancer Awareness ribbon
She’s been in and out of the hospital for 19 days so far, already using up all her sick leave. She needs to go cold-turkey off the thyroid medicines 3 to 5 weeks prior to radiation treatment. Being off these meds will knock her out, leaving her lethargic and pretty much unable to move, let alone work. A week of radiation treatments will follow at which time she’ll be radioactive and confined to home. And, of course, a long convalescence and probably more surgery.

Last week her sister approached me for help in reaching out to the kinky community. She is spearheading a Beef N Beer Fundraiser and Silent Auction to be held on Friday, March 13, at the VFW Hall in Willow Grove PA. Concomitant with that, I’m coordinating a Kinky Auction on Fetlife.

If you can help in any way, here are some suggestions:

1.  If you’re in the Philadelphia area, come to the March 13 Beef N Beer between 7:00-11:00pm. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Among the items in the Silent Auction that night are a Coach bag, acupuncture treatment, hypnotist, $350 photo shoot, and basket filled with my erotic romance DANCE series.

2.  If you’re on Fetlife (a link won’t work unless you have a profile there), go to the Auction4Spike page and see (and maybe bid on) items such as floggers, canes, crops, spanking implements, graphic art made to order, and more. The site is updated daily as new kinky items are donated. The kinky auction will end at noon Eastern time on Thursday, March 12.

3.  To make a contribution or buy tickets via Paypal, contact Wendie’s sister at dees510@aol.com for more information.

Thank you for helping my best friend.

~~ Cris Anson
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sending you and her both healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete