Friday, August 14, 2015

BDSM WRITERS CON NEXT WEEK



 
Can’t wait until next Wednesday when I head to New York City for this year’s BDSMWriters Con. I’ve gone every year since its inception in 2012, when it was called the BDSM Writers Weekend Workshop. That year, eight kinky authors met in a hotel suite with Dr. Charley Ferrer, the founder and mastermind of what has morphed into a full-blown, four-day conference.
 
Sunday's Book Fair open to the public.
This year, on August 20-23, almost 150 are expected at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan on Lexington Avenue. My, how we’ve grown!

And no wonder. Dr. Charley has lined up some dynamite presenters along with Keynote Speaker Cecilia Tan, an RT Book Review nominee for the Lifetime Achievement Award in Erotica. Workshops will include demonstrations by well-known lifestyle practitioners such as Bo Blaze, Traveling Fool and Mary Ann, Eric Pride, Sir Guy, Michael Makai, Victor Tella, Nauttiboy, and others who know whereof they speak. A number of authors, myself included, will be giving workshops on writing BDSM.

For me, one of the most exciting aspects of the Con has been the annual visit to a Dungeon on Saturday evening. Those who have been reading my blogs know that I’ve shared my experiences every year, and I look forward to getting more hands-on research done at the Dungeon next week. Check out the pertinent blogs from 2012, 2013 and 2014 to learn what you might see and do if you join us.

Golden Flogger Award Finalist
But it’s not just for writers. If you’re interested in BDSM as a reader or want to learn about various aspects of it in a safe environment (including hands-on experience if you’re so inclined!), you are more than welcome to attend. There’s still time to sign up.

Oh, and let’s not forget: the Sunday (August 23) Book Fair from noon to 4:00pm is free and open to the public. Vendors will also be on hand with their wares. I’ll be among two dozen authors selling and signing their books.

Now, please allow me a little self-promo:

My latest novella, AARON’S JEWEL, is a Golden Flogger Award finalist.
Golden Flogger Award Finalist
REDEMPTION AND GLORY, the third in my “Passion and Punishment” series, is a finalist in the “BDSM Advanced” category. Winners will be announced during the Conference. 


In addition, my stories are featured in the BDSM Writers Con Anthology in 2014 and 2015. This year’s Anthology will be available at the Book Fair Sunday, August 23, or can be pre-ordered at Amazon. 

Do come and join us at the BDSM Writers Con. I know you’ll have a terrific and informative weekend.

~~ Cris Anson

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was going. I miss Dr. Charley and would love to see some demonstrations. I love my fireplay but would love to learn cupping. :) Enjoy and I hope you sell a ton of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your good wishes. So sorry you can't join us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be another great con. Can't wait to see you there. I can't believe it's been that long since we met at that first BDSM Writers Workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies, doesn't it? Can't wait to see you, too, Rose.

    ReplyDelete